- LO1: Display a good level of proficiency in the design and creation of consistent web forms and data-driven applications
- LO2: Implement and deploy web applications that provide user-friendliness, scalability, flexibility (mobile) and SEO optimisation
- LO3: Design a complete web and database application to automate a business process
- 20% CW1A: 15/Nov/2019 CW1A: Team Project Design
- 15% CW1A: 20/Dec/2019 CW1B: Individual ASP.NET Logbook
- 65% CW2: 31/Jan/2020 CW2: Team Project Implementation
BNU Module Plan 2019
BNU Module Plan 2019-2020
Module Weekly Plan 2019-2020
|1||Sep 30 - Oct 04||ASP.NET Server Side Scripting||.NET Core 2 Razor Pages Project|
|2||Oct 7 - Oct 11||Razor Pages and User Input||Razor Pages, Logbook 1|
|3||Oct 14 - Oct 18||Data Modelling, EF Code-First, Scaffolding||Logbook 2|
|4||Oct 21 - Oct 25||Team Workshop||Visual Paradigm|
|5||Oct 28 - Nov 1||Db Seeding and Database Migrations||LogBook 3|
|6||Nov 04 - Nov 9||Data Annotations||CW1A Handin|
|7||Nov 11 - Nov 15||ASP.NET MVC 5 - Part 1||Log Book 4|
|8||Nov 18 - Nov 22||ASP.NET MVC 5 - Part 2||MVC5 Pages|
|9||Nov 25 - Nov 29||Sorting, Filtering and Searching||Log Book 5|
|10||Dec 1 - Dec 6||Authentication and Public Pages||Check Complex Model|
|11||Dec 9 - Dec 13||Complex Data Models||Check Complex Model|
|12||Dec 16 - Dec 20||Assignment Workshop||Submit CW1B, CW2 Data Model Signed Off|
|13-15||Jan 13 - Jan 31||Assignment Workshop||SUBMIT CW2|
Main Microsoft Tutorials
- Wesbite Movies: Getting Started with ASP.NET Core 2 Razor Pages
- Wesbite Movies: Getting Started with ASP.NET Core 2 MVC
- Wesbite Movies: Getting Started with original ASP.NET MVC 5
- Wesbite Contoso: Get started with EF Code First using Core Razor Pages
- Wesbite Contoso: Get started with EF Code First using Core MVC
- Wesbite Contoso: Get started with EF Code First using MVC 5
- Tutorials ASP.NET Core 2.1 Razor Pages video showing how to add the models, scaffold the CRUD pages and seed the database with sample data.
- Tutorials ASP.NET Core 2.1 Razor Pages video showing how to modify a LINQ query so that a many to many relationship can be shown on the same page (Students Courses). The video also goes on to show how to turn on data migrations and modify and annotate the data model.
- Tutorials ASP.NET Core 2.1 Razor Pages video showing how to add public and private pages and to limit access to certain pages using Authorisation
Other Useful Resources
- YouTube Video This tutorial creates an ASP.NET Core 1.1 MVC Web Application using Visual Studio 2017 on the Mac. The first 20 minutes are a bit slow and less relevant, but then he explains fundamentals that I have skipped over. He does not use scaffolding, his Context folder is our Data folder.
- Tutorials Visual Paradigm Tutorials on all features, you will need Use Case Diagrams, ERD, User Stories and Agile for this module and CO567 and CO558.
- Wesbite Microsoft .NET Naming Guidlines Following a consistent set of naming conventions in the development of a framework can be a major contribution to the framework’s usability. It allows the framework to be used by many developers on widely separated projects.
- Wesbite Microsoft General Naming Conventions
- Wesbite Achitectural Principles,
- Wesbite Top 15+ Best Practices for Writing Super Readable Code
- Wesbite Refactoring, an essential part of the development process see also these examples of Bad Smells
- Wesbite Extreme Programming (Pair Programming) uses refactoring as an essential stage.