- LO1: Demonstrate the fundamental concepts and principles of the object-oriented approach to the complete software lifecycle.
- LO2: Analyse a problem area in an object-oriented manner, identifying the relationship between objects and the real world.
- LO3: Design a solution using an object-oriented methodology, with all the required supporting documentation.
- LO4: Analyse a problem area and interpret a given object-oriented design in terms of required implementation in a designated high level object-oriented programming language
- LO5: Appraise the potential object-oriented system development along with discussing and applying the current trends in object-oriented metrics and testing.
- LO6: Manage and work within the dynamics of a software development team using CASE development tools and to be able to produce a report with appropriately analysed conclusions.
CO567 Module Plan 2018
Module Weekly Plan
|1||Oct 04||Introduction Object-Oriented Systems Development||Intro to Java and BlueJ|
|2||Oct 11||Information Systems Development||Java Objects and Classes|
|3||Oct 18||Information System Challenges & Problems||Java Object Interaction|
|4||Oct 25||Object-Orientation||Java Object Grouping|
|5||Nov 1||UML CASE Tool (VP) - Use Case Diagrams||Java Object Behaviours|
|6||Nov 8||UML CASE Tool (VP) - Activity Diagrams||Java Designing Classes|
|7||Nov 15||TCA 1 - Requirements Analysis||VP Modelling|
|8||Nov 22||Refining Requirements||Java Testing Objects|
|9||Nov 29||Object Interaction||Java Inheritance|
|10||Dec 06||Specifying Operations||Java Inheritance|
|11||Dec 13||Moving into Design||Java GUI & Abstraction|
|12||Dec 20||Further Design Modelling||Java without BlueJ|
|13-15||Jan 10 - Jan 29||Assignment Workshop||SUBMIT CW2|
- Book Bennett, S., McRobb, S., and Farmer, R. (2011) Object-Oriented Systems Analysis and Design (Using UML) 4th Ed. McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
- Tutorials Visual Paradigm Tutorials on all features, you will need Use Case Diagrams, ERD, User Stories and Agile for this module and CO567 and CO558.
- Book Objects First with Java5th Edition (2012) available from the cloud. Current edition costs £48, very useful and helpful.
- Wesbite TutorialsPoint: Learn Java-8
- Wesbite java T point: Java Naming Conventions
- Video BlueJ: Documentation includes some videos showing how to use BlueJ